A FULL SERVICE CORPORATE LAW FIRM
A FULL SERVICE CORPORATE LAW FIRM
A FULL SERVICE CORPORATE LAW FIRM
A FULL SERVICE CORPORATE LAW FIRM
Corporate lawyers in Mumbai , Property lawyers in Mumbai, Civil lawyers in Mumbai AndheriOur Practice
Intellectual Property law deals with the creative ideas and expressions of the human mind that have commercial value and receives the legal protection of the property right. The major legal mechanisms for protection of intellectual property rights are copyrights, trademarks, patents and designs.
Our Firm possesses information for protection of various intellectual property rights from its exploitation. It focuses on the registration of the intangible rights for the betterment in functioning of commercial trade.
The practical security of the abstract thoughts’ is the key of our organization. Our firm caters in the infinite legal operation of intellectual property in the following enumerations.
- Trademark Search.
- Trademark Watch.
- a) Patent search
- Novelty search
- Validity search
- Infringement search
- Family search
- b) Patent watch.
- c) Patent drafting
- d) Proofreading.
- e) Patent analysis.
- f) Patent landscaping.
3) IP Documentation
Drafting of intellectual property related agreements such as license agreement, assignment deed, and registered user agreement among others.
4) IP Audit
Review of IP assets owned, developed, acquired and used by an organization.
5) IP Due Diligence
Evaluation of the intellectual property assets and rights.
6) IP Mining
Identification and survey of hidden intellectual property.
The ongoing industrial revolution has inspired the corporate houses and enthusiastic entrepreneurs to explore noble business ideas and convert such ideas into profitable business enterprise. For running a business enterprise like a greased machine, corporate and business laws need to be adhered to. Our firms provide the following services in this regard:
Our firm works in the following aspects of corporate and business laws:
- Corporate Litigation and governance.
- Pre incorporation documentation.
- Incorporation of companies.
- Corporate Due Diligence.
- Drafting of Shareholders agreements, investment agreements, etc.
- Legal advice on corporate law issues and negotiation.
- Incorporation of a limited company and limited liability partnerships (LLPs) and conversion of Limited Liability Company into LLPs, partnership firms, etc.
Real estate laws are the body of regulations and legal codes which pertain to such matters under a particular jurisdiction and include things such as commercial and residential real property transactions.
Our firm provides the following services:
- Search and title investigation and title report.
- Purchase/ Sale/ Assignment deeds.
- Lease deeds/ Renting agreements.
- Advice in development of real estate.
- Acquisitions and dispositions of real estate.
- Drafting, Negotiating and Resolving real estate disputes.
- Liasioning with government and administrative land development authorities and regulatory compliance, land contract negotiation and drafting.
- Real estate Project facilitation.
Employment and industrial laws encompasses the massive compilation of statutory labour welfare laws, administrative rulings, and legal precedents which cover all facets of the employer-employee relationship.
Our firm provides the following services:
- Employment and connected agreements including terms of offer, appointment, etc.
- Discrimination at work place
- Health and safety legislation
- Trade Union issues
- Industrial issues in connection with mergers and acquisitions
In order to cut costs and increase profits and boosting shareholders’ values, when two companies agree to go forward as a single new company rather than remain separately owned and operated, merger takes place.
In order to generate cost efficiency through economies of scale, achieve greater market share, greater efficiency, and increased tax efficiency, one company takes over another and clearly established itself as the new owner; the purchase is called an acquisition or take over.
In order to extend marketing reach, access needed information and resources, build credibility with a particular target market, and access new markets that would be inaccessible without the strategic partner, two companies may agree to get into a strategic alliance pooling together their goods, services and/or capital to a common commercial enterprise. Such alliance is a joint venture. It can be a corporate or a contractual joint venture.
With Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approval and Department of Industrial Development (DID), a business arrangement with financial collaboration (foreign equity participation- where foreign equity alone is involved) and/or technical collaboration (technology transfer involving licensing of technology by the foreign collaborator on due compensation) can be preferred by Indian business entrepreneurs/ business and industrial houses.
Our firm provides the following services:
- Drafting of agreements relating to mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
- Drafting of joint venture (JV), and foreign collaboration (FC) agreements.
- Advise the clients about M&A, JV, and FC agreements/ arrangements.
Litigation is nothing but a judicial controversy. A contest in a court of law where the proceeding is conducted for the purposes of enforcing a right is litigation. Litigation requires timely and careful handling. Our firm is experienced in all aspects of litigation on behalf of commercial and individual clients. Obtaining early advice may prevent expensive and time-consuming litigation. It is better to have a fail-safe contract than spend a great deal of money on lawsuit.
Our firm’s particular areas of litigation expertise are –
- Corporate litigation
- Industrial Relations & Labor matters litigation
- Commercial litigation
- Tax litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Constitutional litigation
- Banking & Finance litigation
- Insurance litigation
- Infringement suits
- Land/Property matters litigation
- Securities and Trusts litigation
- Debt Recoveries
- Winding up
- Arbitration and mediation to resolve disputes without trial
- Litigation under industrial and employment laws.
- Shareholders’ disputes litigation.
- Joint Venture Disputes litigation.
- Technology Transfer contracts.
- Asset and Business Transfer contracts.
- Derivative litigation.
With the advent of information technology, the growth in the legal corporate has taken a drastic change.
A need has emerged for assisting the software and IT companies in the modern legal scenario for their proper establishments and functioning.
Our firm provides with the legal expertise to companies focusing in modern technology services. The legal expertise includes:
- Software development agreements.
- Agreements relating to international and domestic venture of companies in information technology.
- Legal security in e-commerce and e-business transactions.
- Cyber jurisdiction and Indian scenario.
- Domain name – its information regarding registration.
- Handling of domain name disputes related to cyber-squatting, hijacking, concurrent claims, etc.
- Terms and conditions about the source code and object code in computer software and programmes from the legal point of view.
- Legal information with reference to computer databases.
- Cyber Crime disputes.
Private equity, in finance, is an asset class consisting of equity securities in operating companies that are not publicly traded on a stock exchange whereas Venture capital (VC) is financial capital provided to early-stage, high-potential, high risk, growth startup companies. All venture capital is private equity, but not all private equity is venture capital.
The areas in which we provide legal advice include:
- Providing onshore & off-shore structuring advice; in relation to the investment from a legal and regulatory perspective.
- Advising on complex and diverse foreign investment issues, corporate and securities markets laws and issues applicable to investments.
- Due Diligence of prospective investee companies.
- Negotiation assistance from term sheet stage till closing.
- Documentation & overall transactional support, including working closely with regulators like the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), the Foreign Investment Promotion Board of India (FIPB) and the Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
- Advising on exit strategies and implementation thereof.
- Structuring incentives and sharing of the ‘carry’ for fund managers & research analysts.
In India, the legislature has responded to the concerns of entertainment, media and sports industries, however, judiciary has developed the law.
Our firm understands the business and effectively counsels and represents our clients to protect their interests and reduce their risk.
Our services include:
- Sports contract, sponsorship contract negotiation and drafting.
- Contracts, licenses, agreements with book publishers; purchase agreements, personnel contracts, broadcasting and sponsorship agreements, video game and audio juke box license contracts and agreements.
- Intellectual Property related to trademark and license infringement litigation, and copyright litigation in sound recordings.
In India, the Competition Act 2002 was enacted and was amended from time to time. Any business enterprise should prevent practices having adverse effect on competition, to promote and sustain competition in markets, to protect the interests of consumers and to ensure freedom of trade carried on by other participants in markets, in India.
Our firm advises clients on competition law regulatory and compliance issues including:
- Legal advice on Indian and International Competition law.
- Reviewing potentially anti-competitive agreements.
- Dominance and practices.
- Competition audit of business practices and arrangements.
Immigration law refers to law governing the legal status of people in matters pertaining to citizenship. Our firm is engaged in providing legal opinion with respect to Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (FEMA), rules and regulations under FEMA, Inward and Outward remittance to/from India. Our firm has its expertise in the following areas:
- Advice on laws relating to foreign investment in India.
- Advice on laws pertaining to acquisition of property in India by a foreign national.
- Consultation in obtaining requisite permission from Reserve Bank of India and other national authorities under FEMA.
Our firm advices banks, financial institutions and companies in various financing transactions, loans, legal due diligence, project financing and recovery.
In the area of corporate finance, our services encompass rights issues, private placements, corporate restructuring, schemes of arrangement and advice on security regulations which also includes:
- Acting as legal advisors to banks & finance companies in transactions relating to securitization of loans and the subsequent public offering of the securitized portfolio.
- Drafting of security/ loaning documents in India.
- Advising and implementing on the creation of security in favor of the banks.
- Corporate Finance and Security issues.
- Consortium Lending.
- Public Offerings.
- Enforcing security in favour of Bank to recover the outstanding amount.
- Litigation in Debt recovery tribunal and India Courts.
- Lease Finance.
- Project Finance.
- Insurance claim settlement documentation.
- Commercial Conveyance.
- Advising banks on adopting appropriate risk management models.
The Taxation practice comprises of two areas: Indirect Tax and Direct Tax. Direct tax primarily comprise of income tax on individuals and corporate tax on companies. Indirect taxes are primarily levied on transactions relating to goods and services.
Our firm’s services are as under:
- Indirect Tax
Our firm advises clients on excise, customs, service tax, value added tax / central sales tax and goods and service tax.
- Direct Tax
Our firm advises clients on Income-tax including non-resident taxation and related exchange control issues.
Environmental protection is a fundamental duty of every Indian citizen under Article 51-A (g) of our Constitution, which states that every Indian citizen should protect and improve the natural environment including forests, lakes, rivers and wildlife and to have compassion for living creatures.
We provide legal services to our clients helping them to comply with the following statutes at the time of establishing a business entity, industry, or commencing a commercial/ business project in India:
- The forest (conservation) act, 1980.
- Environmental (protection) act, 1986.
- Air (prevention and control of pollution) act 1981.
- Water (prevention & control ) act 1974.
- Wildlife protection act, 1972.
- The biological diversity act, 2002.
- Hazardous wastes (management and handling) amendment rules, 2003.
- Ozone depleting substances (regulation and control) rules, 2000.
- The North India Canal and Drainage Act, 1873.
- Obstruction in Fairways Act, 1881.
- The Indian Fisheries Act, 1897.
- The Indian Ports Act, 1908.
- The Indian Forest Act, 1927.
- The Damodar Valley Corporation Act, 1948.
- The Mines Act, 1952.
- The River Boards Act, 1956.
- The Merchant Shipping Act, 1958.
Project finance is the long term financing of infrastructure and industrial projects. A project financing structure usually involves a number of equity investors, known as sponsors, as well as a syndicate of banks or other lending institutions that provide loans to the operation.
Our firm advices the clients throughout the implementation process of a project, including:
- Establishment of project companies.
- Structuring the financing.
- Creation of security.
- Environmental protection.
- Engineering procurement and construction contracts.
- Land use rights issues.
- Preferential tax policies.
- Foreign exchange controls.
- Relevant approvals and registrations, and coordination with government authorities.
- Trust formation including preparing, governing instruments and seeking registration with the Charity Commissioner.
- Advice on all aspects of trustees and beneficiaries status with particular reference to the Indian Trust Act.
- Advice on current and potential future developments in trust law and its administration.
- Property transactions and commercial agreements of trust.
Sanction from the Ministry of Power (MOP) is a mandatory requirement for taking up any new project in India by an industrial house. Our firm provides legal advice to its clients in following laws related to electricity:
- The Electricity Act, 2003
- The Indian Electricity Act, 1910
- The Electricity Regulatory Commissions Act, 1998
- The Electricity (Supply) Act, 1948.
A capital market is a market for securities, where companies and governments can raise long-term funds. The capital market includes the stock market (equity securities) and the bond market (debt).
Our Firm provides Capital Markets & Securities Laws advice to its clients with regard to:
- Initial Public Offering (IPO).
- Rights issues.
- Private placements in both bond & equity markets.
- Advisory services to listed companies & market intermediaries in the areas of statutory & regulatory compliances, including signing off on day-to-day compliance obligations, assisting with registrations for operating in the Indian market with the Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI), for various types of intermediaries ranging across Mutual funds, Venture Capital funds, Asset Management companies, Stock Brokers and Underwriters.
Family law is an area of the law that deals with family-related issues and domestic relations including matrimony matters.
Our firm provides the following services:
- Marriage registration.
- Other actions affecting the family (e.g., separation; annulment; custody and placement).
- International custody and placement (including actions filed under the Hague Convention).
- Will, Succession & Inheritance of ancestral property.
- Resolution of family dispute in respect of division of family’s property.
- Termination of parental rights.
- Domestic Abuse/Harassment Injunctions.
GLOBE LAW & CO.LLP a leading law firm from Mumbai mainly focusing on civil laws such as corporate & business law, real estate & property law, Intellectual property, etc. We are one of the most reputed law firm in Mumbai listed in the category of best corporate lawyers in Mumbai and the best property lawyers in Mumbai Andheri region.
Vishal B Punwani brings with his fifteen years of meritorious and integrated experience in the real-estate sector & legal profession. An B.B.A- L.L.B. in Business Laws from, Mumbai, he has expertly handled various responsibilities in different aspects of legal assistance and counseling.
His constitutional acumen and insights have immensely benefitted his clients on aspects of E- Commerce –financial disputes Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in India and UK. Assisting with contract disputes /negotiation, litigation and related domestic and international commercial Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). Advising on Competition, infrastructure, technology, Entertainment, Property, tax, Recovery, debt, insolvency family, immigration matters affecting client contract and specific relief laws pertaining to employment contracts, constructing and negotiating various services agreements, resource sharing agreements, on-compete/non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements, outsourcing contracts etc.
An accomplished legal practitioner, with his collective experience and methodical astuteness in handling significant statutory issues, he brings substantial value to the table for his company as well as for his clients.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.orgDual qualified lawyer(India) /Solicitor (proposed)(UK) (England/Wales)-off Counsel
Her expertise relating to trade marks, copyright, design rights, data protection, advertising and media laws. My services pertaining to trade marks include assisting clients with the registration of their trademarks, overcoming objections raised by the Trade Marks Registrar, initiating and responding to opposition proceedings and international registration of Trade Marks under the Madrid Protocol. Likewise I advise clients on design registration and assist in the registration of design rights including overcoming objections raised by the Controller of Designs. Her services relating to copyright and data protection include advising clients on a variety of matters such as copyright infringement matters, procuring licenses from collecting societies and due diligence under the Indian IT Act respectively. Her expertise in Intellectual Property and Technology. Responsibilities included conducting research liaising with authorities at various Ministries to obtain information pertaining to client queries drafting preliminary advice and assisting in the preparation of non-chargeable work such as articles, webinars and presentations Key projects worked on:
- Gambling laws in the UAE
- Filming and photography in the UAE
- Data Protection Laws in the UAE
- Intellectual Property Enforcement measures in the UAE
- Cyber security laws in GCC countries
- Agency Laws in the UAE
- Advising clients on documents required for trade mark registration in India
- Focusing on Business disputes, corporate and arbitration laws in India.
GLOBE LAW & CO.LLP : Legal Counseling and Representation:GLOBE LAW & CO.LLP, a premier organization in the field of corporate consultancy, has launched a new vertical to its bouquet of services. An independent arm for GLOBE LAW & CO.LLP, the division will also offer legal counseling and representation to its esteemed clients. Headed by Founder -Chair, Vishal B Punwani , this division is managed by qualified legal Practitioners who competently extend day to day legal and judicial services to its existing Corporate clients, assisting them in other spheres of business and enterprise as well. This division is skilled in drawing up accurate blueprint for corporate houses and for eminent clients in the following arena:
General Equity:In the area of General Equity, the professional expertise of this division is lies in drafting of various legal documentation including contractual documents, reviewing of compliance documents, undertaking a thorough research to accurately prepare legal opinions and memoranda on constitutional issues.
Corporate equity:This sphere calls for formulating and negotiating subscription agreements, flawlessly outlining investment agreements and share purchase agreements, drawing up elaborate joint venture agreements (supply & distribution), along with shareholders agreements, besides framing consultancy agreements, speakership agreements, and other ancillary documents.
Private equity:With in-depth knowledge and proficiency in this domain, the strength of this division prevails in proffering counsel to HNW clients seeking to invest in domestic and foreign private equity. Dissecting the intricacies of venture capital funds, they astutely present impeccable guidelines on diverse structures. These include primary and secondary acquisitions of securities in sectors such as power, airports, roads, pharmaceuticals, hospitals, bottling, franchising amongst others.
Profile: Vishal.B.PunwaniVishal B Punwani brings with his fifteen years of meritorious and integrated experience in the Real Estate & legal sector. An B.B.A- L.L.B. in Business Laws from, Mumbai, he has expertly handled various responsibilities in different aspects of legal assistance and counselling. His constitutional acumen and insights have immensely benefitted his clients on aspects of E- Commerce –financial disputes Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in India and UK. Assisting with contract disputes /negotiation, litigation and related domestic and international commercial Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). Advising on Competition ,infrastructure, technology, Entertainment ,Property, tax , Recovery, debt ,insolvency family, immigration matters affecting client contract and specific relief laws pertaining to employment contracts, constructing and negotiating various services agreements, resource sharing agreements, non-compete / non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements, outsourcing contracts etc. An accomplished legal practitioner, with his collective experience and methodical astuteness in handling significant statutory issues, he brings substantial value to the table for his company as well as for his clients.
This website is not intended to be, nor is, a source or form of publicity, advertisement or solicitation of work. This website does not invite any person for establishing the client attorney relationship with GLOBE LAW ASSOCIATES (the Firm).
Any information, publications and legal commentary provided on this website is for illustrative purpose only and should not be regarded or relied upon as legal advice. The Firm disclaims any responsibility towards any loss or damage caused to any person acting on the contents of the website without obtaining a specific legal advice. It does not offer a warranty of any kind, expressed or implied.
The viewer is also warned that the use of e-mail for confidential or sensitive information is prone to risks of lack of confidentiality associated with sending e-mail over the internet. Any e-mail sent to us is not confidential and is not protected under the attorney-client privilege. The viewer acknowledges that there has been no inducement, invitation or solicitation of any nature whatsoever from the Firm to create an attorney-client relationship through this website
Viewer acknowledges that he/she has read and understood the above disclaimer.